Answers To Job Interview Questions You Don't Want To Be Asked
06.29.11 | Job Search & Career | Amanda Musto, Marketing Manager at Treeline Incorporated
Having an infinite supply of water and two containers, one for 3 liters and one for 5 liters, how would you measure 4 liters?
- Fill and pour 3 liters into the 5 liter container
- Refill 3 liter container, transfer as much as possible to the 5 liter container
- Retain the one liter left in the 3 liter container, empty the 5 liter container
- Transfer the one liter from the 3 liter to the 5 liter container
- Refill the 3 liter and transfer it to the one liter in the 5 liter container...
If the weight of balls 1,2, and 3 = the weight of balls 4,5, and 6, then weigh ball 7 against ball 8 for your second measurement.
If the weight of balls 1, 2, and 3 is greater than balls 4,5, and six, then weigh ball 1 against ball two for the second measurement. If ball 1 is the same weight as ball two, then ball 3 is the heaviest.
If balls 1, 2, and 3 weigh less than 4, 5, and 6, they weigh ball 4 against ball 5 for the second measurement. If ball 4 weighs the same as ball five, then ball 6 is the heaviest.
No matter which of the three scenarios happens, you still only need two measurements to find the heaviest ball.
- The first brick laid at the corner of a wall determines the position of every other brick in that wall.
- One brick laid with too large of a head joint, or not being level or plumb can effect rows of brick beside and above it.
- A soldier course of brick provides visual interest to an otherwise monotonous wall.
- Bricks are made of natural clay fired in a kiln; close up each brick has a slightly different design , texture, shape, and color patterns, though all have almost exactly the same basic dimensions, though these can also vary.
- The keystone, or last brick placed in an arch helps support all the weight above the arch (which equally distributes that weight to the ground). Every brick in the arch shares the load equally."
They are loyal and do not bite unless they are backed into a corner.
The wrong answer would be a "Cheat-ah."
- Turn on 2 switches.
- Turn one switch off after a few minutes.
- Enter room with bulbs.
- The bulb that is on is the only switch that is on.
- The bulb that is off but hot, is the switch that has been turned off.
- The bulb that is off and cold is the third switch.